High Tech Birthday Party Weekend in San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: March 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

I just had the best weekend in San Francisco for my birthday party! We did a tour of the city’s finest high tech sights, after all this is the bay area, and had a blast. Some highlights were the virtual reality escape room and the hamburger making robot we found for lunch one day.




First, we got settled in our hotel then all put on our space themed gear to visit the Ames NASA Research Center. They had so many cool exhibits and gifts! We also took so many pictures with the life sized rover cutouts, they have Spirit and Oppy looking so cute on a space walk set! We went in the wind tunnel model which lets you see what it would be like to be in a plane that has a hole in it.

That night we went to Zume for dinner, aka robots making you pizza. It was as cool (and wallet friendly!!!) as it sounds. We got cheese, veggie, and pepperoni to split for the group. We also got a few caesar salads.

On Saturday, we went to the Computer Science museum. They had exhibits about EVERYTHING and of course, all of the exhibits were interactive and very high tech. I learned so much and felt so empowered seeing all of the amazing women featured!! We also had a few beers in the cafe and talked about our favorite things we saw.

After that, we headed over to Reason, a super cool sci fi escape room. They let us cater our lunch in their lobby, we just had to pay for the time we were using the space. We could bring in anything we wanted!! We got sushi and boba from a place down the street. Then we played our escape room and it was super cool. We had to escape before a nuclear reactor exploded, and we got to use drones and virtual reality headsets and robots. They had tons of cool puzzles and plenty for everyone on my team to work on while we escaped with just 1 minute to spare!

After that, we went to the Exploratorium, which is a classic San Francisco museum/experience with hundreds of crazy cool science, tech, and art exhibits. They had so many different things to see and do so we just wandered around for hours. They also had lots of cool photo ops around the museum that we got to try out to make fun keepsakes of the weekend!

We stopped back at the hotel to change for our big night out! Then we went to our second robot served meal at the robot burger restaurant, Creator, where they make your burger in real time with a Rube Goldberg like setup, complete with an order taking robot. I watched as a bun slid down a tube and was sliced in half, covered with freshly cut tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and finally with a perfectly cooked patty.

After dinner we headed to coin-op, this amazing arcade themed bar with tons and tons of real games! It was so cool to play all of the games while splitting a pitcher of beer with my friends. It really was the perfect end to my bachelorette party!! We got a table and the staff was super friendly and accommodating to our group. We pretty much stayed until they closed!

Sunday was mostly just packing up and heading to the airport. On the way there, we stopped at Google’s new concept store. It’s called B8ta and showcases all of the new projects from Kickstarter and the like that Google wants to let consumers experience before they actually are produced.

All in all it was an awesome weekend! I can’t wait for my next visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.4kb