Why should you visit Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
March 29th 2017
Published: March 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Croatia is one of the hottest vacation destinations in the world today. Combining the culture of Europe with the sun and sizzle of the Mediterranean, Croatia has it all. The landscapes are beautiful, the food is artisan and the nightlife is enticing. Keep reading to find out why you should visit Croatia:

Croatia is Modern, But Economical

Croatia has all of the modern amenities that you come to expect in a European holiday. Airports are well maintained and the country has a developed internal transportation network that makes it easy to get around. In fact, just under two million passengers use air travel in Croatia each year. The economy in Croatia is growing and exportation of goods and services makes up approximately half of Croatia’s economy. Croatia real estate is booming, and all of this activity means that there’s so much to explore on your trip.

Even though Croatia is booming, there are still great deals to be had on your Croatian vacation. Although Croatia is part of the European Union, the country has decided to stick with its own currency, so you get a great deal, whether you are using the U.S. dollar, the British pound or the Euro. There are lots of hotels to cater to the many tourists, so you get great prices and lots of different options. Restaurants want to get in on the action too, and you can find artisan chefs at restaurants throughout the country, willing to give you a fine dining experience at a reasonable price.

There is also a lot to see on your trip. While much of the country is like any other modern location in Europe, Croatia still has its historic roots. There are no shortages of churches and Roman ruins to keep you amazed, such as the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik and the Minceta Fortress, to name just a few.

Sun-Drenched Coasts

While the country shares all of the best of a modern European capital, it also has the excitement and charm of a Mediterranean coastal country. There are no shortages of coastal towns and islands offering visitors comfortable places to soak up the sun. Often called the Dalmation coast, wineries, lavender fields and olives abound in this moderate climate. Take it all in on the beach or enjoy a boat ride from one of the many companies that cater to tourists in the region.

Stunning Internal Scenery

Most people are surprised to learn that a lot of Croatia is forest land. In fact, the country has 19220 sq. km of forest, which is about one-third of its total land mass. That means there are a lot of places to go hiking and a lot of places to get lost, in the good way. If you’re looking for a vacation that means relaxation or heading out to experience the excitement of nature in a rigorous way, Croatia is for you.

Must of this internal beauty is well kept. If you want to go rough it, completely in nature, there are certainly opportunities to do that. There are also well-developed, professionally maintained national parks. These parks have thoughtful and carefully crafted walkways and paved trails. That makes the parks accessible to people with physical challenges as well as people who just want to stay on the beaten path while enjoying breathtaking scenery. This also makes Croatia a great place to take the whole family.

The Krka National Park is known for its series of waterfalls. There are nature trails that are close by. Nearby Visovac Island has a Franciscan Monastery that is sure to fascinate and delight any traveler looking for adventure and a unique experience.

With so much to see, you can never run out of things to do in Croatia. There’s something for everyone. Enjoy modern comforts while visiting ancient historical sites (more info https://www.historvius.com/historic-sites-in-croatia/pl22 ). Relax on the sunny, Mediterranean coast or soak up an adventure of your own in one of Croatia’s stunning national parks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb