Split, our last few days in Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
August 14th 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our next big stop in Croatia is for Split. I took the small coastal road from Dubrovnik to Split (the one going by Bosnia!). This is not a long ride, but it is a beautiful one, till you get closer to Split. You just have to make sure you have all the time in front of you to enjoy the scenery, and maybe few other slow cars in front of you.

I book a proper five stars hotel, which did advertise on big rooms...big mistake, we did end up in a huge hotel complex, Le Meridien...ok, nice little upgrade as usual, but nothing impressive. Just after we arrived, we went down to the "beach and swimming pool". Put it this way, even Leslie couldn't stay in the place longer than 30 minutes....this is what I call the "package nightmare"! They may rate it as a 5 stars hotel, but it is simply not my cup of tea....so we did enjoy our "little" room, and made sure we went to Split as often as we could. I hate queuing...but queuing for a breakfast is a solid no-no for me! I still cannot understand how some people can spend a full week in such a place, like sardines on a tiny beach...

The original plan was to have a relax time around the swimming pool and beach with Leslie...the new plan, was to spend time in Split. As we had only two nights here, it was not a huge issue. Split Old Town is not as impressive as Dubrovnik, but it is still very lovely. We did enjoy some serious nice food, and I have to admit it, Leslie is in his period where he will try a lot of new things...this is nice...no, this is great...the bad news, no more kid meals for him, I'm now not paying for 2...but for 3 big eaters...not fun for the budget! So this time Leslie is going heavy on mussels and fishes!

As you can imagine, we stopped for few more icecreams, that's life I could say, and here we taken it the slow way! More wondering around the small streets of the Old Town. I have to admit that as soon as you leave the Old Town...I do not fancy the architecure any more!

So not much to write, we rested, enjoyed more wine...more great food...and rested again. Our next stop is to the North, in a seriously nice European capital. We have chosen to avoid highways as much as we can for the moment. Not always fun for Leslie to be in the back seat of the car on these roads, but a lot more fun than driving on the borring highways.

Next entry coming soon...a new country, a new experience....we are now back home in Bangkok. Leslie has had his first day of school....Year 6 British System...next year it's highschool....are we getting older?....or is he growing so fast!!!

Few more entries to come...very soon...the fun is not over...not yet...

With Love from Bangkok!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.717s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 37; qc: 131; dbt: 0.3595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb