Split


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
September 6th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Split 1Split 1Split 1

Looks nice at night
We caught the car ferry from Hvar to Split.
It takes about 2 hours and fortunately for us, as it would have been a waste of 2 hours under normal circumstances, it was incredibly stormy, thunderstorms and lightning!!
The ferry is huge though, so mostly not scared.... mostly.
Arriving into Split, we really wondered what was going on.. It looks like Eastern Europe after it had a hard night, got mugged, and then was used by a ferral animal as a toilet.
Fortunately, Split has a very nice older city part with lovely little streets, the famous Diocelen Roman Palace, some cool shops, and a lovely seaside promenade.
We therefore based ourselves inside the nice bit, and I promptly ate my first McDonalds of the trip (McRoyal with Cheese 😊
Also, bought about half of the Diesel shop, Bing was not as fortunate in the fashion buying stakes, cause of.. Croatia.
Photos, enjoy..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Split 3Split 3
Split 3

Does my arch look big in this?
Split 8Split 8
Split 8

Nice dinner except for the burnt fries. bing is getting used to the chilled red wine.


9th September 2007

Split the atom
It would be hilarious if there was a suburb of Split called Banana, don't you think? They should do that anyway. Do that. This also solves the mystery of where people actually go when they say "I'm going to split." And what do you need with deisel? Do you have to provide your own fuel for your travels? That's all I've got for this morning in the lame pun department. Looks like a nice place but. I can only guess that Crotia is not that big into rugby eh? It's all over the TV here, as you can imagine. Nice photos. Bobe and Elwood contine to blaze a trail across Europe!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb