Zadar - Is it Ok?


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Zadar
September 7th 2007
Published: September 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Zad 1Zad 1Zad 1

What a lovely place to bring up a family
We decided to Split, Split and head further up the coast to Zadar.
Bing had read in the lonely planet that Zadar is the place to see and a good base for exploring the islands.
Unfortunately, they were both wrong..but that's ok.
Zadar had an even more menacing entrance than Split, (which is REALLY saying something)
We were advised that the place to stay was Borik which we decided to repronounce as Borat, cause it was easier and we are enjoying making fun of the locals.
Borik/Borat was by the sea and quite nice although it has only got a pebble beach.
Fortunately for Zadar, it does have one really nice feature, a long promenade which allowed us to walk all the way around to the old town. (about 3 kms) btw, my Teva's really honk now, I think they have a stinkometer activated by a certain amount of kms.
Not anywhere near as spectacular as some of the previous Croatian towns but this place won the nicest sunset competition hands down.
These snaps are from my camera, but Bing's captured the sunset even better and the real thing was better still..



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Zad 2Zad 2
Zad 2

This home along the promenade decided having a truck sized Sphinx on their front lawn would be a good idea. The locals that graffitied it obviously disagreed.
Zad 3Zad 3
Zad 3

Wot a sunset!!!
Zad 4Zad 4
Zad 4

The Promenade
Zad 5Zad 5
Zad 5

Contemplation - Everyone's doing it, don't be so gouche


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb