Waterfalls to Split


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well the first leg of Eastern Trekker was a bit dissapointing. They were 2hrs late picking us up an the bus was a full 8 seater van, not a bus! Made it to cabin just outside plitvicka national park via a couple of stops. 1st was the home war memorial, very eerie an lots of abandoned serb houses an houses with shell holes. Also stopped at this cute little town which had waterfalls running all the way through it, like streets really looked really amazing. This van was proving to be a bit difficult, wouldnt start so had to start pushing it, reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine!

Friday started with the Plitvicka National Park, the best water id seen since New Zealand. It was that bluey green colour with waterfalls that just popped out of the water. Tried to get a few good pictures in there. All the platforms were over the water, even though we only got to see a bit of it i cant imagine what the rest of the park looks like. Got back in the van an headed for Split. The road there looked like it had just been layed, went through a 5km
Plitvivka National ParkPlitvivka National ParkPlitvivka National Park

Too many pictures of waterfalls!!
tunnel. The scenery really changed too, big rocky mountains with only a few trees, landscape that was new to me! That night had a great traditional dish, meat with sauce an gnocci.

Start of Croatia Sailing, my holiday away from my holiday!!! Saturday was a bit of a hike down to the harbour an with the pack on too. Got myself a towel an sunnies, essentials an headed for the boat. Was a bit of a cludy windy day but didnt rain. There are 28 of us on the boat so full to the brim. Most aussies, some kiwis and a couple of Canadians. Id met a couple of them eating brekky in Edinburgh!! The coastline is so pretty, massive mountains that drop right into the water, an the sea is so amazingly clear, can see the bottom without snorkles. The first place we landed was Makarska, had a cocktail at the bar an headed up for dinner. The church in the centre of town had a wedding on. All the guests stood at the front of the church doors an sang until the bride an groom came out. Have got the best room, sharing with Bianca up the very top of the boat, only r fooms up here so good view in the morning.

Sunday the boat stopped for a swim at one of the little islands, jumped right off the boat. Water is a little chilly for a Queenslander but once you get in an move around, really salty too so good for floating. We all bought lilos so a good view in the water. Getting a bit brown now 2, cant remember when my feet were so tanned, Jess you may have a rival 😊

Ourt next island was Mljet and the town Pomena. Hoped off an went into the national park an got a boat to an old monestary in the middle of the lake. You could see the whole lake bottom the water was so clear. That night it was pizza an back on the boat for a poker night, playing for pretzal sticks. Its quite hard getting to know everyone as the group is so large but getting better with the names.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb