The Pearl of the Andraic Sea


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
June 6th 2007
Published: June 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mainland CoastMainland CoastMainland Coast

So beautiful
More layig on the boat, stopped for a swim then off to Dubrovnik, the town id been looking forward to most on the trip, an it didnt dissapoint. Docked about 2pm in the New Town an by then it was so hot, the sun was really burning down. Got the bus in an had a great look around all the little streets within the walled city. After an icecream (racking up those) an a look at the momorial to the homeland war in 1991 it was time for the walk on the wall around the whole city. Took about 2hrs to go all the way around an was such a beaut day, got some great shots. Had a traditional Bosnian Meal at a little side cafe with about 15 of us then onto the local night spots. Lots of cats around here just roaming the streets. Went to a club just outside the walls right on the beach an danced the night away, hadnt had a good dance in quite a while!

Another swim in the morning. Stopped at the best spot so far, such dramatic an stark scenery. Used our lilos andid a bit of waterpolo. About 20ft
DubrovDubrovDubrov

Me, Vanessa and Biance in Dubrovnic
down an you could still see the bottom. Was only a short ride to Šipan, cool little town that felt like we were away from the crowds of boats that seem to make the same trip as us. Me an amber decided to check out the other side of the isalnd. They must make wine because the middle of the island was all full of vineyards. Heaps of stray cats again, very weird. Sat an watched the sunset on the boat then it was BBQ Captains Dinner. The meals we are getting on this thing are really good. Everyday there is a massive sit down lunch where we get served soup an then a kind of meat with rissoto or salad or vegies, an lots of fresh fruit. 2 big for just lazing on a boat all day! Spot of charades then off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb