Cocktails on the fortress


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Korcula
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In the middle of an islandIn the middle of an islandIn the middle of an island

Weird signs, didnt get a cat in one though
Yesterday i woke up about 7 an saw us going out of Šipan with the morning sun, really nice. After a long swim break an a petrol stop, it was off to explore the town of Korcula. Again the old town was a bit like Dubrov, built with a wall around it. Saw Marco Polos house from the outside. There is only one main street an they call this the thinking street as it is the only one without stairs. We wandered around a bit an found a cool little cocktail bar on the very top of a little fortress. It was like a ladder getting up to it so they bought the drinks up was a pully system on the outside of the building. After a couple of Pina Coladas later (an meeting 3 others on my eastern trekker trip)had more pizza.

Today beutiful blue sky an heading for Hvar. Having a big swimming stop an getting there about 4.

Another day of sunbathing! (never got burnt either!!) We were just saying its a worry when your only concerns are which way to lay an when to have your shower (only 1 on boat)Oh an also what Cookies got for lunch an what food weve eaten. We had a 3hr drop off with the background of Hvar, had a swim over to an island. Swimming is really the only real exercise you get on this boat, everyones growing abit with every meal. There are only 5 powerpoints on this boat an power only when we are docked so camera not charged for this bit which is a shame. Hvar is really touristy an expensive. We docked right on the main prominade with all the cafes, very cool to be in the heart of the action. Heaps of expensive boats in the harbour, didnt see a celebs though. There is a big music festival going onhere, so the main square had a massive stage up, at night listned to Vanna, was told she is a Craotian pop star. Some beutiful jewellery stores tucked away into the little streets here. We got some chips an dip an headed for a picnic on the pier. Got all dressed up with the girls an headed out to THE hotspot in Hvar. The setting of the town from the water is coolwith the castle lit up at night.

Rocky boat this morning, great for all that are nursing hangovers! Just stopped at the Horn Beach, started pouring down rain though.

Was great trip away, sitting here now i have a bit of sea legs, still feel like im rocking on a boat, a bit sickly really, going on the bus Eastern Trekker tommorrow to head up to Slovenia along the coast!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

My RoomieMy Roomie
My Roomie

Me an Bianca up on top deck


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb