A short trip to Dubrovnic


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 28th 2011
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.6537, 18.0948

The ship moored up in the morning at Dubrovnic so after a hearty breakfast we were tendered over to the old harbour just outside the city walls. It was a very hot sunny day and the place was absolutely packed with tourists and groups of people being shown around. The last time we had been in April it rained and there were fewer people. However we paid the fee of 70Kuna which is about 10 euros each to go onto the city wall. It is worth doing as there are very good views of the city and the islands around. It was a pity that there were so many people also walking around it. Normally it would take about 2 hours to go around the whole thing but after going half way we reckoned we had seen the best and came off down the steps. The walk is generally easy but there are some steep steps and health and safety rules don't apply! Back in the town I did a quick trip into the Cathedral. We had seen the old Pharmacy on a previous visit so didn't repeat that but that is certainly worth seeing.

It was time to be taken back to the ship for a leisurely lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb