Kator in Montenegro


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
September 29th 2011
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.4441, 18.7816

29th Sept 2011 and it is very hot and sunny. The ship docks offshore at Kator in Montenegro and we are tendered off to the port. There are two other cruise ships in dock, one very large old one and a much smaller yacht. We prefer our ship. Once ashore we walk along to the old city gate and into the old town which is very attractive with narrow streets, the pavements of which have become very flat and shiny with thousands of travellers walking over them. The narrow streets open out into squares with lots of bars and restaurants. We stop for the obligatory beer. The currency is Euros and 6 of the local beers cost about 12 Euros. There are several palaces and museums to visit but we content ourselves with strolling around. Finally the majority make their way back to the ship and I visit the Cathedral of St Tryphone. It cost 2 Euros to enter but this includes a museum on the floor above the main cathedral which is itself quite plain. The museum contains many reliquaries, monstrances, chalices and paintings and doesn't take long to visit. I am sure there would be more to see in this city which I wouldn't mind returning to but lunch on the ship is beckoning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb