Well I have changed to holding my breath, as progress occurs at a whirlwind pace, hoping for rain to germinate the seeds planted out(corn and pumkins).Yureeka we had rain last night - not long but heavy and some sun back today so hopefully things will start to move in the veg . department.The other good thing that was a change was that we had no late frost so we have pleanty of plums,cherries,and apples. rakia should be a bumper quantity!!!
So what progress. Well in 10 days the men have installed all new lamp fixtures, have done some of the old problems and the paint will wait till nearer the autumn. Two big projects are also accomplished(with again moderate finishing touches to be applied.) In the conservatory(completely finished barring the overall paint job) the old sink and cupboard were replaced with the same tiles as on the floor as was the wall to the dining room that bottie likes to sit on. Then the outhouse door was removed and replaced with a half wall and large window.A small window (openable) put in the opposite wall - a nice view out to the nextdoor field. The wallls and floor were tiled ,an
insulated pvc- fronted drop ceiling with recessed lights fitted along with a boiler WHB and WC and a super whirlpool bath!!.Finally an extractor fan was put in the courtyard facing wall beside the big window. The only hiccup occured when i realised that my idea of a walk in bathroom was shattered when it was explained that the bottom 2 feet of the connecting wall was supporting and could not be cut and removed! So steps were necessitated up from the bedroom and down to the bathroom. I was happy that the bathroom side should be ordinary square steps , but wanted more of a feature for the bedroom.Eventually a compromise was made with my semi circular design having one straight edge for stability against the side wall. They made an excellent job I think of the tiling to cope with a round surface. Now all that remains is to fit the light switch for lights and fan and plaster off the door and window walls. All this in 10 days!!Wow. As yet still in a state of shock and not sure what should be done next.Valizar seems to have an idea and I await his arrival on Monday to
sort out what will be done.Some remediation needed up at the lizard house(new systern installed following winter freeze). 2 wardrobes and one chest-of-drawers to be assembled and then either replacing the guttering (with water barrel collector) on one side or the restoration of cement and tiles for the terrace. Or something else again off my list that i have forgotten.In the bathroom all that remains is a mirror,probably combined with a cabinet, and toilet roll holder to be fitted.Again I am hoping to include some photos.
Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0145s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb