Mostar to Sarajevo


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina
July 1st 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Camp 'Mali Wimbledon'Camp 'Mali Wimbledon'Camp 'Mali Wimbledon'

Camp 'Mali Wimbledon'
Mon 1st July 2013

Mostar to Sarajevo

Left camp 'Mali Wimbledon' at 11 am. Internet access was intermittent and was next to useless. Had lunch at the nearby restaurant and took a picture with the owner and then set off to Sarajevo somewhere north east. We climbed for metres and metres until the car almost packed up because of overheating. Must have stopped several times to climb 1500 metres.

Sarajevo is about 800 metres up in Bosnia. I suspect it is the capital because it was so heavily populated compared to other places I have visited in Bosnia. It was so busy in the city and there was a demonstration in the town centre, the traffic was clogged up and I sat in traffic for ages before finally managed to escape the city.

From Sarajevo it was eastwards until it was nearly dark when I arrived in a place called 'Visegrad'. There was no camping for miles and it was getting dark, so I opted for the local motel and stayed for the night. The room was clean and it had television and I managed to watch the remaining of a Chinese film.

Next morning, the car would not start outside the motel. I did my usual trick and the waiter was amazed at my skill in starting the vehicle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Breakfast at a local restaurantBreakfast at a local restaurant
Breakfast at a local restaurant

Breakfast at a local restaurant
Motel in VisegradMotel in Visegrad
Motel in Visegrad

Motel in Visegrad


Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb