Brussels


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Up early for a travel day, Kasey and I off to Brussels. Greg is staying for more cricket but moving to High Wycombe tonight. We caught the train from Oxford to London and then joined the Eurostar for the trip from London to Brussels. I was very excited, but then I'm always excited about travel. I must admit that the whole thing was a little underwhelming, yes very easy and convenient, but just another train trip really, nice to say we've done it but wouldn't say its something you really must do.

arrived Brussels midi station and then had to figure out how to get to Central station , luckily a student helped us, but that was only after I took us to the wrong train (the metro) not the regular train, so I ended with two tickets we didn't need and gave them away to a lady and her Child. Finally got there, one stop and a 5 minute walk and we checked in,absolute luxury!!!! Ibis, as per Rick Steve recommendation! A lovely change from travlodge, will be hard to go back Sunday night. Location is great, but as its 30 degrees we are re charging our sleeves in the sirconditioning before heading out. reduction of 2 hot days has me wondering what we will be doing.

headed out, Belgium only allows sales in jan and July, so it was, CRAZY queues every where. very hot but a walkable city, lots cobbles stones amazing buildings. Will do a tour tomorrow. Spent about 4 hours walking around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FritiesFrities
Frities

Double cooked chips!


Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb