Hot just doesn't sum it up, hear me out on why this is hotter than Aus


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Ok, I know we get hot weather at home, but this is WAY different. Consider it starts to get light about 4am, sunrise proper at 5am, temps at 25+ by 8am, and then the day just drags on and on, until sunset, at 10pm!!! I believe this makes the heat less tolerable than home, that and the fact there's not many retailers with airconditioning, for example Kasey and I went in to a shopping centre, sort of the size of Westfield fig tree, and found most shops didn't have air conditioning. In the British home store they just turned off most of the lights, an interesting way to shop, saying it helped with the heat. Lots of shops seem to do this.

So back to the trip, Brussels has been over 30 every day, very stressful when contemplating how to transport the worlds best chocolate all the way home. un fortunately a lot of our time has been spent trying to find shade, most often in H&M and C&A. We have done walking tours, food tours we made up our selves, the chocolate shops are amazing, most amazing you can just go in and buy a single praline (what we would call a chocolate), so chocolate shop hopping has been fun( and the shops are cool inside). Also have converted to the beer, much more like cider, and have be come a bit of an expert on the best types. I also have tried the Trappist monk beer, possibly the worst thing I've ever tried so am sure Greg would love it.

The city itself is ok, I wouldn't say it's a must see, the usual EU problems abound. Lots of begging, lots of Romany people on the streets begging as families, but less of the "lost boys" we saw so many of on the last trip, less young men from North Africa selling handbag and sunglasses on the streets. It's a huge multicultural mix here, very much like Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb