ALLEA · ALL European Academies


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

ALLEAALLEAALLEA

Logo_aktuell
ALLEA, the federation of All European Academies, was founded in 1994 and currently brings together 54 Academies in 42 countries from the Council of Europe region. Member Academies operate as learned societies, think tanks and research performing organisations. They are self- governing communities of leaders of scholarly enquiry across all fields of the natural sciences, the social sciences and the humanities. ALLEA therefore provides access to an unparalleled human resource of intellectual excellence, experience and expertise.
Independent from political, commercial and ideological interests, ALLEA’s policy work seeks to contribute to improving the framework conditions under which science and scholarship can excel. Jointly with its Member Academies, ALLEA is in a position to address the full range of structural and policy issues facing Europe in science, research and innovation. In doing so, it is guided by a common understanding of Europe bound together by historical, social and political factors as well as for scientific and economic reasons.

I picked these guys- the person who said it up is unknown to me so far, nevertheless this is a perfect group that just- brings all the scholars together. This isn't even in a developing country- it is composed of mostly European countries that
AustriaAustriaAustria

Flag-HD-Wallpaper
are already developed. Then why did I pick it? Well- the fact of scholars coming together to literally discuss is very interesting. The voice of Europe is mostly represented with the 42 countries represented. These are colleges too- legitimate universities. People coming together and talking through problems and such could benefit the entire Europe and other things as the universities can tackle it together.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb