The Brazuca


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan
April 15th 2014
Published: April 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

As you may know, the FIFA World Cup is coming this June!

As a kid who really really likes soccer, this event is probably the biggest event for any soccer fan. The World Cup comes every 4 years.

In 2002, it was in Japan/South Korea. In 2006, it was in Germany. In 2010, it was in South Africa. In 2014, it will be in Brazil.

Now in every of those World Cups, there was one thing that wow'ed the soccer crowd aside from the stadiums and wonderful sights; the ball!

The ball is literally why the game happens, you need it in every one! All the previous ones had various designs and patterns that either had something to do with the culture or representation of the host country. The Jabulani, or the ball used in the 2010 World Cup was assembled in Pakistan- (Or at least that's what it says on the ball). I am not quite sure where the Brazuca is really made, (AKA the ball that will be used in the 2014 World Cup) but here is a little video to show you the production of it!







Sorry, the song in the video is actually very creepy..

By the video, I am surprised that the official match ball may not have been made in Pakistan at all! The original ball costs $160, and if a pair of Nike shoes costs $5 to make, I can imagine a Brazuca costs maybe $7 to make! Due to globalization, the production of the ball is much cheaper, however, the people making the ball may not be getting enough pay as I would imagine. And if one is $160 and the costs to make it is so low, imagine the profit Adidas is making! Would I consider this over-exploitation? Yes- I mean, $160 for a ball? So ridiculous.

I'm still going to get it though, maybe the replica (which is cheaper).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb