Settling in


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
June 15th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.2364, 11.3373

Friday was spent doing chores like cleaning the caravan, washing and shopping. With the European holiday period looming, we also looked at our plans for the next month or so and mapped out where we wanted to be and for how long.

Our next site over the border in Italy at Sexten in the Dolomites (yet more mountains, but probably our last for a little while) is booked from next Thursday. We were in this area last 10 years ago with the kids and Janet and Grahame though not at this same site. We loved it so for us it is a welcome return.

The site we have chosen at Venice will not commit to a definite reservation but suggests that if we arrive during the morning there should not be a problem, but to ring through the day before travel.

San Marino is now off the itinerary since on trying to book we find there is a minimum stay of 7 nights. Instead, we are going for a longer transfer distance and heading for Perugia, an area we haven't visited before, so we can do Assisi which comes highly recommended, but then we are now talking Italy.

The site on Lake Bracciano is booked from which we can take an organised day trip to Rome which is preferable to taking our car which comes with hassle of parking and the like.

Saturday - today - we took the free bus service from the site into Innsbruck to explore. The old part of the city was charming with many ornately decorated buildings including the famous one with a 'gold' roof - Goldenes Dachl. A large brass band was playing with the musicians dressed in Tyrollean costume. (No -we are not becoming brass band groupies!)

After a huge lunch at a restaurant suggested by Trip Advisor we very soon decided to return to camp on the next bus. Just as well since it came on to rain shortly after a cuppa, but not for too long as the sun came out once again to make a lovely evening for relaxing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb