Innsbruck and yet more mountains


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
June 14th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.2364, 11.3373

Thursday - the alarm went off at 6.30 signalling the time to get the show on the road, and after collecting the bread from the shop and final farewell to Aline we were off-site at 8am bound for Innsbruck in Austria.

The route just beyond Interlaken was full of hairpin bends and climbs and descents, to such an extent that David questioned whether we were on the right road. I assured him that Michelin-man had recommended the route so on we went.

The route took us through numerous tunnels and we marvelled at the engineering that had gone on to create them and what a difference they must have made to the locals and tourists alike. The longest one, Arlberg, for which there was a toll of €9 went on for miles and was truly impressive.

After our longest transfer this trip - some 230 miles - we arrived at Camping Natterersee just before 2pm and the facilities were amazing, as relayed by the Brits we had reacquainted with at Lazy Rancho. The reception was like checking in at a swish London hotel with plate glass windows and a huge desk, the receptionist pointing out the cocktail lounge to my right - not that I was particularly interested at this point, wanting to get to our pitch and have a brew!

The evening meal was sorted as we had some bolognese left from a couple of days ago, so we dined in the awning on pasta, crusty bread and a couple of glasses of Bardolino as the sun set, marvelling at what a difference a year makes. This time last year, who would have thought we would be doing this?

The pitch has a sunny aspect with views of the mountains, with our own water supply and waste water drain, so pretty perfect - just hope the weather holds. Not many children as you would expect, but another couple of weeks and the families of Europe will be taking their summer hols giving the sites a totally different feel. I don't think they do adults-only to such an extent as in the UK!

We have paid for limited hours of wifi and the speed appears to be good, so hopefully we can do some Skyping over the coming days.

Thinking of Lou, Olley, Laura and James in training for the annual London to Brighton cycle ride in aid of the British Heart Foundation next Sunday - all the best.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb