Vienna....wow, what grandeur!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
May 1st 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Austrian beer and cheeseAustrian beer and cheeseAustrian beer and cheese

A perfect meal!
Clearly the power-house of Europe, Vienna has greeted us with its' mind-blowing grandeur. At every twist and turn of its narrow cobbled streets there's another breath-taking palace, monument, cathedral. And the city heaves with people; tourists in their thousands as well as hospitable and friendly locals.

And it was warm and sunny, thankfully, after a very chilly start to our trip. We spent yesterday just wandering, and orientating ourselves. And came across a few gems, such as the oldest church in Vienna, RC of course, (Saint Ruperts), where the choir was practising. Magical! And on our way home we chanced upon a wee market full of locals enjoying wine, beer and cheese. So that's what we enjoyed for dinner. Must say I am getting a taste for their beer! And the cheese was almost as good as Cartwheel Creameries from the Pohangina Valley.

A trip to a classical orchestra, complete with opera singers completed an extraordinary day.

Day two.....who knows what is in store........


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The crypt in St Ruperts ChurchThe crypt in St Ruperts Church
The crypt in St Ruperts Church

The 800 year old remains of a martyr, preserved by salt, in St Ruperts Church.
St Ruperts Church St Ruperts Church
St Ruperts Church

Stunning acoustics.


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb