Oh Vienna!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
August 7th 2015
Published: August 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to Midge Ure and Ultravox we have had a theme tune for today.

Our last morning in Budapest was relatively quiet. We visited the nearby market to get food for the train ride to Vienna and headed to the station via the very-modern and efficient subway/underground system.

The train to Vienna took just under three hours and gave us new views of Hungary, along with glimpses of Slovakia to the north across the Danube. The train was quicker and far cheaper than flying but it did have one big downside....more stinky people. I'm sure that 97f/36c is exacerbating the problem but there is real opportunity around here for Right Guard.

On arrival in Vienna we took a short taxi ride to our hotel. Much like Kraków we are just on the edge of the town center where most of the historical buildings are found. We only have two nights here so tomorrow we have a lot of ground to cover.

This evening was just time to see St. Stefan's Church, eat supper and grab Hard Rock hurricane glass #28 for the collection. We all tried local dishes but Carys wins the prize for most appropriate dish with the very tasty Wiener schnitzel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb