Roadtrip near the Danube


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
August 25th 2014
Published: September 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Oh, it was such a busy week... After a quiet weekend in Bunesti, we left on Monday towards Deta, via Tg. Jiu and the Danube Canyon. We stopped for a boat ride and it was great 😊 Deta was also surprisingly nice, with a large cathedral and nice houses. On Tuesday we left for Timisoara, stopped for coffee in city centre, then continued towards Szeged - a beautiful small city, and finally to Budapest. We went near the Danube at night to see the city - the Parliament and the Szechenyi bridge looked even better at night than they did in daylight. We spent Wednesday wandering through Budapest, exploring both Buda and Pest as much as possible. On Thursday morning we went to Vienna and walked around city centre, then spent the afternoon at Schonbrunn. In the evening we went to Bratislava. On Friday, we visited the Bratislava hrad and walked a bit in the city centre. Bratislava was rather disappointing. We then left towards Meziad and visited the cave on Saturday morning. We headed home afterwards, with a stop in Deva. Unfortunately, the road between Oradea and Deva was so bad that we couldn't visit Hunedoara as well.

We finally got to Bucharest on Sunday, tired but very happy and with lots of beautiful memories.

Total distance: ~ 2400 km.


Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb