Arriving at Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
July 22nd 2019
Published: July 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We left Charlotte on Sunday July 21st to journey to Vienna, Austria to start a 10 day tour of Austria and Switzerland. The three flights to arrive at our final destination were relatively smooth and each flight arrived early. Leaving Charlotte at 3 p.m. we landed in Vienna at 1:25 p.m. on Monday, July 22. We are traveling with Globus Tours and expected to wait until 3:30 for our pick-up, but to our delight our tour director was at the airport and we were soon on our way to our hotel.

After checking into our hotel we grabbed our cameras and headed out to the Botanical Gardens and the Belvedere built as the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy. The grounds are decorated with many Baroque statues, gardens, fountains and waterfalls. After exploring the area, we returned to our hotel to get ready for our first meeting of our entire group and our Welcome Dinner. There are 21 folks in our group including several from Australia, and others with origins in India and the Philipines. Dinner consisted of soup, salad, chicken with potatos and chocolate dessert. It was a great opportunity to meet the others in our group before we set out tomorrow to explore Vienna.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



23rd July 2019

Vienna
Great pictures Bobbie. Sounds like a good start to a fantastic trip.

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb