Austrian Ascapades


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
March 22nd 2006
Published: March 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Beethoven's PlatzBeethoven's PlatzBeethoven's Platz

Where we saw the concert by the Imperial Orchestra
Hey guys,

Well Austria didn't dissappoint for its fair shair of mountains music and picture perfect lakes. We went and saw the Veinna Boys Choir, as well as the Vienna Imperial Orchestra - An interesting selection of classical music, opera and ballet dancing. Other delights we enjoyed included some Hot Chocolate and Cake from Cafe Demmel's and some very good Schnitzel.

Aside from this very fine food, Ben did have some stomach problems for a while due to some bad apple juice, but after a couple of hours the problems subsided.....

With Vienna being similar in it's characteristics to Prague, we headed to Salzburg for some country air. We spent a few days tackling the local sights, as well as enjoying the Sound of Music movie and tour... Very cheesy, with a slice of cheese on the side. But the tour guide was quite funny, and we also got to visit some beautiful lakes outside Salzburg in the mountains and enjoy a very nice Apple Strudel. As you no doubt have guessed by now we were the youngest people on the tour.

Here's the "Sound of Music" joke the guy told us....

One day the Hill
Stadt ParkStadt ParkStadt Park

A very romantic little walkway, outside Beethovens Platz
family were on a car trip up into the hills when their car broke down, So the dad saw a house on the hill so he went up to see if someone could help them.
As he knocked on the door Dracular answered the door, he said there was no fuel for miles, would you like to stay here for the night?
The dad said says that would be great, so he took his family up the hill and they sayed in draculars house for the night. That night Dracular sucked the blood out of the children and their parents. He had so much energy from all that blood he decided to play the piano. As he did the Hill family awoke and came to his door.. He screamed "How can this be??"
They replied, "The Hills are alive, with the sound of music!"

Hehehehehe.


On moving back on to Vienna we met some nice people in the hostel (Mike and Kate) and journeyed on with them for a couple of drinks that night. We have now moved onwards and upwards to Budapest for a week or so.

Anyway guys, hope you're all well, will write soon.

Cheers

Ben and Stacey






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Ferris Wheel at Prater Ferris Wheel at Prater
Ferris Wheel at Prater

A nice little Fair that we visited - they had these little exhibits which were pretty cool, and a window showing the Ferris Wheel.
Ben and his clown friendBen and his clown friend
Ben and his clown friend

At the Fair, just kicking back and chilling out.
At the FairAt the Fair
At the Fair

The Happy couple
Mozart's Resting PlaceMozart's Resting Place
Mozart's Resting Place

Very well looked after, the rest of the cemetery was quite spooky....
At Cafe Demmel'sAt Cafe Demmel's
At Cafe Demmel's

We were buzzing for at least five hours after the Hot Chocolate!! Very Rich!!
A Palace we found...A Palace we found...
A Palace we found...

After hopping on a Random Tram.
At the PalaceAt the Palace
At the Palace

The Happy couple
Sound of Music TourSound of Music Tour
Sound of Music Tour

Where the backyard scene was Shot. Some say that tourists still come here, twice a day.
Sound of Music TourSound of Music Tour
Sound of Music Tour

A "picture-eske" lake we visited, too bad about weather
Chess Players Near the Fortress, SalzburgChess Players Near the Fortress, Salzburg
Chess Players Near the Fortress, Salzburg

The Black and white button works.
Fortress, SalzburgFortress, Salzburg
Fortress, Salzburg

We left it on accidently


30th March 2006

Ben and Stace's Excellent Adventure
Hi guys, it looks grate. love the 5o'clock shadow ben. its good to see ur talking to the local trees on your journey. keep it up!!
30th March 2006

Call that a tree!!?
I want to see some lovely BIG! tree with character form, grace etc,
5th April 2006

Wish we were there!
Hey Guys, great to hear of your adventures and seeing some pics, brings back memories. Soak up as many experiences as you can. Keep me informed! By the way, i am Mrs Lenne now!

Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb