Last day of Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello! First things first...Happy Birthday Uncle Brian! Hope its a good one and hope I get credit for remembering that wayyyyy across the world!! Hehe. Now onto business. Yesterday was great! All the tours were crazy expensive so we opted out and rode around a lot on the underground instead. It seems as though their ticket system is on the honor system, so we bought a one journey ticket and rode around all day. The day pass was 20 US dollars for EACH of us, so we will probably do the same thing again...so mom, if I call you from an Austrian jail, youll know why...haha.

So we went to Shonbrun Palace yesterday which is apparently the biggest palace in the world? Ian seems to remember that from his last trip. The palace wasnt anything special but the gardens were AMAZING. We took a little hike to a sort of monument and there was a beautiful view of the city. Then we played around in this maze and labrinth part of the garden that was great! We got lost in the labrinth, haha, and the funnest part was there was a treehouse in the middle you could climb up to and watch everyone beneath you get lost like mice in an experiment. Then we walked around the museum quarter and went into the Natural History museum which was neat but too much dead stuffed stuff...I swear they had a taxidermied body for every animal ev er...they even had stuffed pigeons in regal esque type poses which we found funny.

Today we are still trying to figure out what to do. This hostel is nice and clean but the front desk staff is useless. Im sure we will come up with something though! Tomorrow we are off to Budapest, Hungary. Wonder how different it will be from here? I am glad we have an opportunity to visit these Iron Curtain countries now... tourism is still a fairly new thing in some parts Easternish Europe and its neat to be among the first couple decades of people allowed in.

Okay enough for now! Talk to ya from Budapest!!

Advertisement



19th July 2008

hi
WOW, it sounds expensive over there. A lot cheaper here especially living the way I do. I spent some time yesterday stalking Simba. I was having a lot of fun, he wasn't, and apparently neither was Grandma judging from the way she yelled at me. Sometimes she is no fun. But wanted to tell you that we all miss you (but me the most) and love you.
19th July 2008

Meine Geburtstag
You remembered! From half-way around the world, you remembered your dear Uncle's birthday. Thank you. Stay out of that Austrian jail and I'll consider that my present. Auf wiedersehen!!!

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb