I am HUNGARY


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Haha. Not really hungry, but rather IN HungAry. Our hostel is okay...we are safe and sound. Today we walked around the city of Pest...see Budapest is really made up of 2 citites...Buda and Pest. We went to some thermal Turkish style baths today and that was a lot of fun. It looked like the baths in England, except cooler cuz you can actually swim in them. We did quite a bit of walking around, saw Parliament and Heroes Square among other things. We are here for one more day and will walk around Buda tomorrow. Then its off to Venice.

We had a wicked thunderstorm last night. We walked into a grocery store with blue skies above, hot at about 85 degrees or so, and walked out into pouring rain. It was surprising but fun...this rain was harder than we ever get in San Diego, and so random! For the rest of the night it rained and late at night there was the loudest thunder we have ever heard...it was really cool.

As for food here, everything is expensive. We got off cheap today by making sandwiches of salami, ham, and cream cheese which we ate for both breakfast and lunch. For dinner, we unfortunately had Burger King but it was all we could really afford...no place takes cards.

Yesterday was our official 2 year anniversary. However, it is hard to remember dates and stuff while you are traveling so we didnt even realize until ten at night. We decided we will have to celebrate in Venice.

Ok we will probably update next from Venice. Love and miss u all.

Love Kate and Ian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb