Homecoming


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Linz
September 16th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we had one brief afternoon to check out Linz before we had to catch our connecting train down to Salzburg to meet up with the family.

It all went rather well considering our lack of German and after hooking up our onward tickets and storing our stuff we headed off into town to the Lentos Kunst Museum. It was pretty cool and had some neat sculpture exhibitions but unfortunately the top floor was closed and so we missed some of the stuff I had hoped to see.

Lunch was a picnic on the banks of the Danube where we clambered about the metal sculptures that I think the city is famous for. Then it was across the bridge to the Ars Electronica Center. Everything there is electronic or uses technology in some way. It was realy neat as everything was interactive, though Corb was a bit disappointed as he complained that viedo games had been doing all of this, and better for ages. Still it was a bunch of fun.

The train ride down to Salzburg was uneventful and everything continued to go smoothly - my cousin was already at the station picking my mum up from her train and so we got our ride without a hitch.

Spent the evening with the family looking at our photos from the trip and feasting on Wurstel, brot, kartoffeln and bier, a real Austrian meal, and then finishing with chocolate.

We then drove through the night out into the countryside to stay at my cousin's wife's parent's place (they are on holiday) with the four fluffly cats that stalk Corb. From what we could tell things looked good, but only tomorrow will tell!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb