Chillin' in Ceske Budejovice


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
September 15th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So today is our last day in the Czech Republic. It has been a fantastic couple of weeks and we will be sad to leave, but we are definitely planning on coming back so it is not too sad. Also tomorrow we go to Salzburg to meet up with my family which is going to be great.

Yesterday we arrived and got a room in a very sweet pension. The room is extra cute though not exactly to Corb's taste - it's all floral and lacey with paintings and a brightly filled window box of flowers. It overlooks the river and the park so we can watch all the locals all out walking their puppies and see the trees as their leaves turn orange - very pretty (They also serve a huge and very tasty breakfast on an even cuter tea service, I tell you, this travelling thing is HARD WORK!).

First up we hit the Budvar Budweiser Brewery. The tour wasn't as good as the one at the Urquell Brewery but we did get to see the bottling plant which was cool. Watching all those bottles zoom past and seeing the boxes being made was kinda cool (yes, I'm a geek). We also got a taste test of the unpasteurised, unfiltered brew and it was pretty good. I got one of those rubber bracelets like they do for Save the Children and Breast Cancer but it's for beer - classic!

We've spent this morning wandering the old town. Like all the others of the Czech Republic it's pretty cute and the views from the Cathedral tower were great (though it was damn windy up there!). Now we are going to spend our last afternoon and evening relaxing and soaking up that great Czech hospitality in the form of cheap food, great beer and sunshine, can't wait!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb