To Landeck-Zams


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Kitzbühel
January 10th 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

train picture 1train picture 1train picture 1

right outside Zell
We're on the train going to Landeck Zams, sadly it's our last stop in Austria. The train ride is beautiful. We missed the majority of it on our way to Zell as it was already after dark when we left Innsbruck.

Attached are a couple pictures from the train. I am quite content sitting here drinking buttermilk and eating Milka chocolate.

Yesterday we had a 'Brad style' day of relaxation. We spent the morning in a cafe drinking coffee and eating apfelstruddel and kasstruddel. Then went to the Taurern Spa. A ridiculous building with about 10 different heated pools and 10 saunas. My favourite part was the kids waterslide, Brad liked the alpine meadow sauna. I reaffirmed that I'm terrible at sitting still and 'relaxing'. It also didn't help that we weren't sure what the rules were and what would cause the other patrons to yell at us. Apparently in the mandatory nude sauna (mostly old men) we couldn't keep our bathing suits beside us, they had to be hung outside the room.

In the evening we went tobogganing. We hiked up the 1.5km trail and found there was too much snow to actually go sledding... We then headed to the ski road which had recently been groomed and had pretty good conditions. I must say the best conditions were on the sidewalk on the way home which we flew down. We got a few funny looks from people but it was so worth it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb