Zell am See - skiing day 3


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
January 8th 2012
Published: January 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another excellent day of skiing. We got over a meter of snow since yesterday and it continued snowing today. Brad switched his skis to wider ones this morning that helped him 'float' on top of the snow. After a few wipeouts and struggles to heave myself out of the snow, I decided to follow suit. What a difference... it felt like no work at all keeping my tips up.

We cruzed for the rest of the day. There were very few people on the slopes, so even when it started to get dark around 4:30, we were still carving fresh powder. All i can say was it was incredible. I was slicing waist deep snow all day!

My favourite part was the side of a half groomed run. It was basically a ramp into soft powder. I would launch myself off it and go flying. There was only one time that I didn't quite land it... the time Brad decided to video tape it...

Overall a fantastic day. We finished it walking through the city and taking pictures, then having jaggertea (a very strong drink with a wee bit of black tea, lots of schnapps and even more rum), gluwein and applecorn shots (recommended by Laura Duncan that taste like freshly pressed apple juice...delicious). We're just cooking dinner in our apartment.

Advertisement



9th January 2012

Apfelkorn!
Loving you guys got on the apfelkorn, yum yum yum, looks like conditions are bloody amazing. Enjoying reading about the trip!
10th January 2012

We got the apfelkorn gratis, and Brad's pretty sure the bartender roofied him with it... or the jagger tea

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb