Austria... you're a real gem


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
June 29th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So today we woke up from our hostel in Munich and decided to take a day trip to Austria. We had to check out of the hostel, but left our stuff in the lockers there and headed for the train station. We had full intentions of finding a lake somewhere in Austria and just lay and relax all day. So we got on our swimsuits, boarded a train at 9:30 am and headed for Kitzbuhel, right between Innsbruck and Salzburg, I heard it was kind of a resort town. After 2 hours we made it to our connecting station and jumped off only to find snow and weather that looked like it might rain. Here we are in our shorts and swimsuits (Munich was more promising than this was) so we bagged the lake idea, and jumped back on the train and decided to spend a few hours in Innsbruck. This was a beautiful town at the foot of some amazing mountains. It was nice to be back in a smaller town, it reminded me a lot of Switzerland. Despite the rain and wind, we walked around, window shopped and explored. The city center was pedestrian only, kind of like Munich, and was filled with so many restaurants and little shops, we spent a long time just in that area. The only really exciting thing that happened was the sorang I was wearing came untied as we were walking and everyone around me got a free show. No one would have noticed if I hadnt screamed, but yeah.... exciting for them, not for me :P So anyway, after a couple hours we decided we had seen most of Innsbruck and the trains only leave every two hours to go back to Munich, so we grabbed the 4:30 train back. When we got back to the hostel, we ate, showered, and headed straight back to the train station to catch a night train to Brussells. Yep folks, thats how you do 7 countries in 3 weeks... how many people can say they were in 3 countries in one day? We had originally planned to be in Munich another day, but the day trains to Brussells on Friday were completely booked, forcing us to leave Thursday night. So anyway, not much to say about Austria only because we weren't there for long, but I loved it all the same!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb