Innsbruck tour and Wildmoos Almhut night


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
December 22nd 2010
Published: January 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

A short drive from Seefeld down to the InnValley - with spectacular view of both mountain chains that line the valley. On arrival in Innsbruck we met our guide Willie, and started a walking tour through this small and historic part of Innsbruck. Historic buildings, the Christmas Markets, the Little Golden Roof and the Dom (Cathedral) all make up the very small medieval part of the town. Free time allowed everyone to explore the markets and shops before we made our way back to Hotel Central in Seefeld.
Tonight we travelled approx. 3 kms from seefeld - up into the mountains - to the Wildmoosalm - a wooden hut that once offered refuge to animails, later persons, in time of bad weather. Today it is a well-known restaurant that is enjoyed by locals and visitors both in summer and winter. Tonight it seemed rather special, as a full moon reflected it's beams of the blanket of fresh snow that covered the hut and the wholoe mountain. On entering - all (except) the children) - were offered a schnaps from the famous "schnaps fountain". This is one of those places where everyone can let their hair down and have fun. There were 23 in our group, and a family of 5 from Holland who had also heard of the good food served at the hut. Meals includes spare ribs, grilled pork knuckles, spaetzle, schnitzels, various salads - followed by desserts of apfel struedel, Kaiserschmarnn and topfen struedel. Of course...good Austrian beer, wines and soft drinks were consumed throughout the evening, with everyone having a great time.

Advertisement



4th January 2011

Brass monkey travellers
Hi there Kathy & Trev. Hope you are having a good time & not too cold. Phil & I would love to catch up with you when you get back. Very waterlogged here in Qld. Take care. Blanche xx

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb