EINE KLEINE NACHTMUSIK


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
April 27th 2013
Published: April 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tonight was all about Mozart and has been the Highlight of the trip to Salzburg for me. The setting was Barocksaal in Stiftskeller St. Peter. This is the oldest restaurant in Europe. We were on the second floor in a beautiful room. Dinner was served in between sets of Mozart music. The room was candle lit and chandeliers from the ceiling (they of course were not candles). The music was done in three sets, the first selections from Don Giovanni, the second from The Marriage of Figaro. The final set started with A Little Night Music, you all know the song, it was made more famous than it already was by the movie Amadeus. The final selections were from the Magic Flute and it was a magical night.

We had a three course meal, starting with a cream soup with a quark dumpling, don’t ask I haven’t’ figured out what quark is yet. The main course was roasted capons served with potatoes. Dessert was a frozen lemon curd. The setting, food and music made for a lovely evening.

In addition, we made a new friend from India, Samidha Mohanty. She is on a month tour of Europe herself. Her schedule is much more ambitious than us. We had a great conversation and she was very enjoyable to talk to. She use to work with Intel so was familiar with Portland, although has not been to the US yet. We exchanged e-mails and she kindly invited us to India saying we would very much enjoy it and that she would love to give us tips on what to see and do. She currently lives in Mumbai.

One of the best parts of traveling is meeting new people. We haven’t met many people on recent trips, but we are off to a good start for this one. It was very interesting speaking with her and getting a different perspective on traveling and view of the world. It is always nice to see the world through the eyes of someone from a different country.

I don’t have much else to say but did want to get this posted before I went to bed. I don’t like to get too far behind on the blogs as it takes so long to catch up. Tomorrow is our last full day in Salzburg. Then it is off to Vienna.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.68s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb