The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 24th 2023
Published: August 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 24, 2023 – The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music

It’s Monday morning and I wake up and rollover. I’m dead tired. Kirsten has already walked to the bakery and returned with our breakfast bread. I hear her call from the kitchen, ok everyone get up we have another busy day and we need to be on the road to Salzburg by 9:30 am.

I crawl and I mean crawl out of bed and make my way to the bathroom; I crawl in and out as fast as I can.

Once I arrive in the kitchen, Kirsten, Caroline, and Bea are already eating and discussing today adventure to Salzburg.

On our last day in Berchtesgaden, Kirsten planned to visit to Salzburg, you know where the movie Sound of Music was filmed. The Hills are alive with the sound of music.....

Caroline is singing all the way to Salzburg. Kirsten and Bea were joining in and everyone was having a great time singing and laughing.

The night before, Kirsten downloaded a self-guided tour onto her phone. http://salzburg-tour-guide.com/stg/

Once we arrived Kirsten found us a parking space close to the center of town and we all piled out of the car and gathered around Kirsten waiting for the self-guided app to tell us where to go first.

It worked well, and it would take way too much time to type to cover every point. So, I suggest you watch the movie to see where we went. And yes, we did pretty much see all the areas and had a delightful time discovering Salzburg.

We finished touring Salzburg and headed back to our house. We snacked and started packing, knowing we would be leaving in the morning.

Caroline and I had one last thing to do... in Berchtesgaden they have a Rodel Bahn. Yes! So around 3 pm that afternoon we all got back into the car headed for it. The rain clouds were rolling in and we checked, and we had enough time to do it.

So up the mountain in the gondola we all went.

Well, we made it to the sled area, we were sitting in our sleds ready to go and Helga stepped in front of us and yead ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG! Everyone off of the sleds, it’s starting to rain. Darn, well we tried. So down the mountain we went and off to find dinner.

Kirsten tells us there is music fest in downtown Berchtesgaden with German dancers. Everyone agrees so off we go to watch and have dinner.

The fest was fun full of kids and adults singing and dancing.

The rain got worst so we decided to head home after dinner knowing that tomorrow will be another long day of driving.

We’re heading to Garmisch Partenkirchen

Good night


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb