El Estrecho de Magellan


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

" I am the new captain, my person, Duarte Barbosa" Duarte became the captain of the ship Victoria, one of the most strong ship. Santiago was sent to an expedition, to see how are the waves, or the directions to continue our voyage. But Santiago Wrecked in a sudden storm. The clouds were very black, and the waves like almost meter and a half of tall. Santiago destroys. But his crew survives, staying in a shore that they have close. Two of them return to inform Magellan, what is happening, so they could go and rescue them. After this experience Magellan decides to wait some weeks, until we resume the voyage. In a latitude 52 ° S, in October 21, the fleet arrived to “Cape Virgenes”, and concludes that they had found a way with a deep inland. 4 ships began a hard trip, traveling 373 miles (600 kilometers). Passing for a stretch, named the stretch of Magellan (canal); all the saints day because the fleet pass through the saints day. Magellan assigned the Conception and San Antonio for explore this stretch, but this last, at the leader Gomez desert, and return to Spain in November 20. And November 28, the 3 ships that are left, enter at The South Pacific. Magellan is the first European that reaches Tierra del Fuego just east of the Pacific side of the strait. That night I went to the ship’s deck, and sat in a chair, an saw that full moon shining at us, I feel a tranquility, because I was secure that tonight will be a god night. I saw the Orion belt, pointing in a different way, as we are going, I saw others constellation but I couldn’t identify because, I was falling as sleep. So our voyage continuesss…….

Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb