First Battle


Advertisement
Asia
May 6th 2012
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Heading northwest, the crew of these 3 ships reaches the equator on 13 of February 1521. On March 6 they attained the Marianas and Guam. Magellan name them the “Islands of Sails” because he saw he saw a lot of sailboats, but then “Island of Thieves” because many Trinidad small boats were stolen. On March 17 Magellan reaches Homophone Island in Philippines, with only 150 men. We developed the first Spaniards to arrive to the Philippine archipelago, but not the first Europeans. Magellan had an advantage, he can communicate, and no native tribes by his Malay interpret. Enrique could comprehend their language; he was indentured by Magellan in 1511. They treat gifts Siaiu of Mazaua who guided them to Cebu in 7 April. Rajah Humabon of Cebu was friendly Magellan many years ago; there we baptized by the queen Hara Amihan as Christians. Afterward Rajah and his ally Datu Zula convince to kill the enemy to have no problems navigating, and get more treasures. If they killed he could make true a wish; to make Lampu-Lampu to Christianity. In the morning of 27 of April 1521, Magellan sailed to Mactan with a small attack force. In the battle against Lampu- Lampu´s troops, Magellan was hit by a bamboo, but he contra tack by using others weapons. In this war i was very nerviuos because this was our fisrt battle, i talk with magellan about my worries, but he said me " This voyage is to give our live in it, or we died or we survive!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.543s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb