The Spice Islands !


Advertisement
Asia
May 6th 2012
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Maluko Islands, also known as the Moluccas are an archipielago, that are located on the Halmahera Plate within the “Moluccas Sea Collision Zone” Geographically is located east of Sulawesi (Celebes), west of New Guinea and north and east Timor. Also as known as the “Spice of Islands” by the Chinese’s and by the Europeans, or can be also by the Indonesians. Most of the island have some actives volcanoes, wet climate, and are very mountainous. Their vegetation of the small and narrow islands; is very luxuriant, including the rainforest; sago, rice, nutmeg, cloves, mace and the spices is what the islands are principally for to cultivate this things. This archipelago has many wars for the spices. Immigrants come to visit this island to see the beauty of the cultivation, and the nature. But then this islands are owned by the Dutch and continues to the Indonesia era. There nickname should not be confused with Grenada, which commonly known as the Island of Spice. This reason and many other, is because we want this island to have more richness in cultivity. I think this many times, how the vegatables could taste. Ferdinand and me have that insecure..


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb