Island Tour


Advertisement
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have booked with the complex to go on their Island Tour today. The tour starts at 11am and is scheduled to last about three and a half hours.

Our driver for the day is ‘K9 Joe’. He is a retired US police officer on the Virgin Islands. He is able to pass on a lot of knowledge that we would not normally get. It made for a very full and interesting tour.

We were in a bus of 9 people. Joe made several stops around the island for us to take pictures of the island and the surrounding islands. He always had a little story about something that has happened to him in every area.

We stopped off at a hill top market where we could get some lunch. They are famous here for Banana Daiquiri. Being none drinkers we did not partake in this.

We also stopped off at another bar. Here the owner sells only natural drinks that he has made that day from natural herbs and spices. These drinks are made to assist with pain, stress etc. Call it an appointment with the medicine man.

Got to know a few other people from our complex and we were all able to swap notes on how to get about the local area.

We got back to the complex at about 3.30pm and feel that the tour was well worth it.

The view from our balcony today is of two huge cruise ships. There is also a third bigger ship at the larger dock on the other side of the town. About 15,000 visitors in one day. Some of thee boots can carry 5000 passengers and have 2000 staff. It fascinates us but it's not everybodys cup of tea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb