Exploring day


Advertisement
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

2nd cruise ship2nd cruise ship2nd cruise ship

The Carnival Victory
It has been raining a lot over night, but by the time we got up, most of this had dried up.

Got up this morning to find two huge cruise ships parked in the other side of the harbour from our apartment. That means the local area is going to be busy today. Getting a taxi anywhere may be hard.

Early morning start today, as we are going to a complex orientation meeting at 8.30 by the pool then breakfast.

Didn’t learn much from the meeting, but did ask the lady about purchasing a suitcase and she gave us directions to the local K Mart department store. One suitcase badly damaged on way here from Miami.

After the meeting, we had a hearty breakfast then obtained some photos of the hotel ready for the blog.

We then walked back into the town via the very steep hills. We stopped briefly at the supermarket for some snacks for lunch, went to a bank to obtain some more money then decided on an ice cream break. Just as we did, the heavens opened again.

Once the rains had subsided, we moved on to K Mart and had a good look around. We love these big shops. They sell everything. We found the suitcases. The pricing of them was crazy as it was cheaper to buy three than it was to buy one. We then had a look at the holdalls and we could get one of these at a better price. This would fit into out packing regime as well. It would also be easier to get back to the hotel as we were going to walk back to the hotel today.

During the walk back to the hotel it spat with rain most of the way, then when we got home it tipped it down. We got home just in case.

The walk home was steeper than we had remembered. We will not be doing that again. The $10 taxi is well worth it.

We have been struck by how friendly everyone is here. Everyone stops and says good morning or something and is happy to have a conversation with you. These people look the same as people at home that we would cross the street avoid.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb