bequia fun


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

(h2) BEQUIA(/h2)


This has been a really fun time here. We have enjoyed fairly calm seas, one night of wind, but otherwise still, lovely gentle breeze. Great barbeque on the beach, can we really drink that much rum? And then the jazz festival has been entertaining as well, it was great to sit on the beach listen and watch live music.
So what have we been doing. Well firstly we walked to the other side of the island, about 3 miles to go to the turtle sanctuary. It was interesting but the owner was not too thrilled when Alan asked if you could eat them!!
We were not really looking forward tot he long walk back, but there was an open taxi waiting for some americans so we asked if they could drop us off in town. They were on yachts too and the conversation was good, turns out they are very keen divers so we arrnaged to all dive the devils reef the next morning. They came round for coffee and then we went off. They were very keen on the fish life and not as energetic as alan and i so we soon left them as we headed down and around the reef. Alan pointed to a cave , i went in and ahuge moray eel shot out, he was laughing so much he almost drowned. Anyway it was fun and we all had a good talk afterwards, they are from the south of america.
Later we went out with peter and veronica for a meal and then to the jazz, interesting night. We have been on an exploration with the dinghy, far to far into the open sea, but we wanted to see moonhole, this is where an eccentric man started building houses into the cliff, a bit like cala covas in menorca. We did not realise quite how far it was, and the trip home was a bit lumpy. But very interesting to see, what a fantastic idea, and a great place to own a bit of very unusual real estate. they seem to be mostly struggling, but a few were inhabitied, i suppose they are very eco friendly and blend in very well.
We staye din last night, catching up with books and emails.
We will probably go to canuoun tomorrow or the next day, but alan is helping peter by diving under his boat with him, so it will be in the afternooon. the weather is so calm and lovely. Cannot put the photo that the photogrpher took, it is too big and I dont know how to make it smaller, any suggestions? Anyway it was worth buying.
We have just heard about the shooting in english harbour, cannot believe it, what a problem for the island. we had the boat next door round for coffee today, they havee just sailed over, they seem to be enjoying the caribbean. but then who wouldn't??


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb