Gran Pacifica resort


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

road to Gran Pacifica


It's time to go to the sea!!

We left early from Ometepe and with reservation we took the ferry in no time with our car. We headed North on the inter Americana. During the dry season, the landscape is more open with many beige colors grasses in contrast with a few evergreen trees. The terrain is in general flat but things change after Diriamba. We climbed in altitude for many kilometers, changing the landscape completely. It's now more green, and from above, we can see the ocean in the far distance. We left highway at El Crucero, and descend steadily for a few kilometers. The views are splendid here!

It seems that this resort is in the middle of nowhere, because we took a shortcut, but that's part of the adventure!! A couple of dirts roads, very small villages, and herds of cattle on the road. I like this!

Arrived at the resort, the grounds are huge. Many works were done on the road right before entrance. At the resort itself, it's a mix of condos, villas and rooms. Many trees are still small and with time, it will get nicer.

The sea here is very rough, especially at high tide and winds are steady. It was fun to look at big waves on which the top is being moved by the winds.



200 meters south of main beach, there's a natural 'pool' at low tide where you can swim. Many many smaller pools are there at low tide, allowing to check for fishes and other critters. Quantity of sea birds use this as feeding grounds. An estuary with small mangrove is a bit at the South and serves as a roosting places for birds too.

A relaxing place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement




Tot: 0.428s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 100; dbt: 0.2345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb