Finally in Nica


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hello everyone, its been a rough couple of days with a few good ones in between. we left from utila and decided to go to copan (also in Honduras) to check out some more ruins. these ones were a lot different then at tikal, the area was a lot more cleared and all and all more to see but definitely not as cool. i was really glad that we went there though. We rode on a hedman alas bus which if anyone ever goes to Honduras then you should checkout since its got a/c and movies so its totally worth not riding the chicken bus. anyway we really liked copan, it was nice and cool, not to expensive and we got to relax for a while before the next crazy day of travel. We were supposed to leave on the 10th but got challenged to a bi-nation drinking contest with a few English girls that we were hanging out with and drank two huge bottles of rum and stayed up all night, needless to say we missed our 5am bus. (Anthony fell asleep on the 3rd story roof) the next day there was a teachers strike so none of the buses left. (doesn't make any sense to me either) so we had to stay in copan where we got a nice hotel room and stayed in nursing hangovers and watching hbo. the next day we made our 5am bus and (sparing some details, namely the cab ride from the border to Leon in Nicaragua) made it here in one piece, have had a good day of sightseeing and shopping, oh and drinking the cheap beer and rum! hopefully have some good stories from this city.

good luck in football Jeff, hope you don't get crushed!!!!

Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb