Day 2 in Jamaica


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

And the water is blueAnd the water is blueAnd the water is blue

No, not from our room, but on the way to breakfast. It is beautiful
Well, this is the blog of the results of day one actually. The first day was getting here. This is the first day of doing things here.

Up early, went to breakfast, planned the day. Let's see, how about we go to the beach? Maybe play in the water, talk to the tourist hustlers selling trinkets, ride a catamaran, a kayak. Swim in the pool, slide down slides, big slides, long slides, get tired, lock our selves out of the room, and fun things like that.

No pictures of locking our selves out of the room. Hard to believe isn't it.

The rooms are adjoining, and after breakfast, we went out the Todd & Yvettes room and went to play in the sand and surf (well, not much surf, but lots of fun). Coming back before noon, when my key didn't open the door, how could this be? Well, after several of the hotel staff came to show me how to use my key, and they couldn't open it, they said perhaps someone was in the room.

Duh? We are suppose to be in the room. (I'm thinking perhaps little fingers were playing with the night lock,
It looks like a postcardIt looks like a postcardIt looks like a postcard

Also, looking West on the way to breakfast.
dead bolt, which renders the key useless.)

Thank goodness, the rooms were adjoining. (open the door, loosen the molding, slide putty knife and open the adjoining door). As they say in Jamaica, "No Problem Mahn". Now, we exit with adjoining doors open, and check doors. Yes, patio doors were locked too. But, nap time was had none the less, just delayed a bit.

Then off the slides, because we promised the little ones we would go. Can't discourage them. And of course, Grandpa enjoyed it too. Take off pump, and ride the slides. Then get back, and put pump back into service.

Played until 5, showered, dressed for supper, and had nice supper, and retired to room.

Day 2 ended, and it was good too! We will all sleep well tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Todd Yvette on the seaTodd Yvette on the sea
Todd Yvette on the sea

Going out on the catamaran was great. Water is so blue, and 40 ft deep just 300 yds off the beach
Jungle FlameJungle Flame
Jungle Flame

Did I say the flowers were beautiful?


16th June 2009

Looks like fun
Glad to see you made it and all is well. Keep sending us pictures so we can all wish we were there. It's 50 in Denver and about 105 in Austin. Either way, 85 degrees in blue water and sandy beaches beats it. Keep the updates coming and have fun.
16th June 2009

Jamaica in June
That place looks awesome. i have had the same issue with the door locking. but mine happened because i must have slammed the door and jiggled the dead bolt too far, making my key useless.
16th June 2009

Fun
Looks like you guys are having a fun time!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb