Kevin, "The Go to Man"


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala
December 8th 2011
Published: December 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I must take the time to relate a tale of a most interesting fellow. I am sure that he won't mind me telling his tale over this Christmas season. To all of you who read this and have begun to follow the story of the Rio Dulce I wish you the very best over this time of year. However, this is really food for thought.

At the gateway to Brunos just down the stairs before the bridge off the mainstreet in Rio Dulce sits the 'Go to Man. He is quiet unobtrusive and always smiling in his wooden beach chair. Now, what makes him so different and facinating is partly his history and more immediate his wide knowledge of the area.

He became a lost soul after his wife and child were abruptly taken from him in a car accident a number of years ago. Imagine living a normal life with normal dreams in Sunny Southern California when crash the world you know is totally destroyed. As Kevin puts it, he lost his mind and found himself on the Rio Dulce. He has managed to slowly piece himself back together and has now become the man in place for any information you may need of the area. He is simply become an expert in plants animals, insects, and native culture over time. He sells plants, information and guides tours along the remote areas of the river. Botanists and PhD's seek his help and expertise in finding and identifying plants and creepy crawlies of all types and sizes in the area. It is worth a moment, to take some time and sit with him next to his plant shop at the very least you should visit his wesite www.inriodulce.com which introduces you to the amazing plants and animals in the area.

He definitely knows his stuff and will be pleased to help you in anyway he can.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb