Timeless Trinidad


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Centro » Trinidad
September 27th 2021
Published: December 14th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Trinidad was again another great place to visit when in Cuba!

Cobbled streets, vibrant colours, a short hop away from the beach, brilliant restaurants and even a cave nightclub.

We enjoyed the few days that we had left on our holiday in Trinidad. No cars are allowed in the inner city, so walking around the cobbled streets is a pleasure!

A very popular restaurant that often has a line out the front is La Botija, we went there twice and I recommend going there at least once. Palacio Cantero, the very obvious iconic tower of Trinidad has a nice view point and is also a museum.

We also enjoyed the experience of being in a natural cave nightclub just on the north of the town. As you walk up the hill, various little alcohol stands pave the way for the bigger attraction. the cave is quite big and at no point did the whole place feel packed but then again maybe it was just the day we went.

We also visited the local beach about 9km from town. Playa Ancon had a nice stretch of sand but was also difficult to get to for some reason, trying to find a taxi in the place we were told to get taxi's proved difficult as there weren't any in the first place.

We paid one price getting there, but getting back was also frustrating as there were limited taxi's going back and the drivers upped the price knowing that we were in need of one. I think there is a bus available but only goes in the morning and back in the late afternoon and we weren't looking at spending the whole day at the beach.

I would definitely recommend visiting Trinidad but I am pretty sure it is high on most peoples list when they come visit Cuba!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb