Hiking Nations Road, the adventure continues


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 10th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.69371, -83.6581

Because, it was such a climb came up with the idea of getting a taxi to take up to where we had stopped on our first hike and then climb to the top. Found a taxi willing to take us up the road and off we went. The driver's name was Luis and he actually as from Puerto Jimenez and knew some of the people we knew there.

We were heading up the road visiting and talking about changes in Puerto Jimenez and in Golfito when we started hearing some very loud calling. What is that? Luis stopped the vehicle and we got out to see what it was.

Luis was the first to spot the Three Wattled Bell Birds that were making the calls. We thanked him for the ride and started from there. It was an amazing place, there were about six or seven Bell Birds calling to each other moving from tree to tree. That was not enough and there were almost as many toucans also moving through the trees calling to each other.

As we walked along, it seemed both the toucans and bellbirds were following us as we moved along. Could also hear motmots calling but could never find them. At one point the insects started there sounds and you really felt you were in a jungle.

As we were walking back down were rewarded with a male and female Black Throated Trogon. They are so funny to watch as they move their head back and forth; so robotic looking.

We walked and walked and walked but never did make it to the top and so we are not sure of what the actual distance is but you did enjoy the walk and consider it a great place to explore if in Golfito.



Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

view from up on the high roadview from up on the high road
view from up on the high road

can you see the small plane in the picture?
new harbor in the processnew harbor in the process
new harbor in the process

sure this will bring changes to the town


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb