Getting to Golfito by bus from Quepos/


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

We have found the most inexpensive way to travel in Costa Rica is by bus. Of course, the experiences can vary depending on what type of bus you are riding. For our trip from Quepos to Golfito, we had a great experience with a bus that was air conditioned with very comfortable seats!

We had been told the bus from San Jose would stop at the bus stop across from the hospital and would arrive there around 9:00 a.m. We went to the bus station in Quepos the day before and bought tickets for 7090 colones each. We had been advised to buy the tickets in advance because if all the seats have been paid for the bus may not stop or you have to stand for the entire trip. The ticket agent told us to get to the bus stop at around 8:30a.m..

We arrived at the bus stop at 8:30 and did have to wait longer than usual because the bus did not arrive until about 9:30. There is a bridge under repair between San Jose and Alejuela that is causing a lot of delays so this may have been the reason for the delay.

Funny moment: Get on the bus and there is a guy in one of our seats. Showed him our ticket and he said "this is where they told me to sit". There were only a few scattered seats left on the bus and so persisted and finally the bus driver asked for his ticket, he could not find and was told he had to sit in another seat! This is why having a ticket with assigned seat is valuable. We of course wanted to sit together because we have a food bag with snacks to share on the ride.

This was a Tracopa bus(pink) and was very nice. We stopped for a break in Uvita where we all were able to get off the bus and actually had time to eat something. The bus also made a stop in Palmar Norte and Rio Claro.

We arrived in Golfito at around 1:30. Had we been familiar with the place we were staying, we could have gotten off right at bottom of the stairs to our room. As it was, we found a taxi to take us to our destination.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb