Secret Garden Sendero of Hotel Playa Espadilla


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

he Decided to head down to see what was happening down by the park and possibly go to the park. Had not gone into the park since the first time we visited Manuel Antonio and this day was no different. The park is closed and Monday, and today, Tuesday, the lines to get into the park were quite long so we opted for our alternative plan, the secret garden.

A couple of years ago, we were staying near the park and had walked around the side streets near the park and had discovered a trail through some very lush vegetation that appeared to abut the park. On previous trips we have seen quite a few birds and had the place to ourselves so we decided this was a better option to standing in line and joining the crowds in the park.

According to Anita, this trail belongs to the Hotel Playa Espadilla but said they would not mind and so headed down the trail. Was as lovely as it always has been but the birds were not as plentiful as they have been on previous walks but still was a nice walk. Did see a black hooded antshrike which was a first for us.

Back to Casa Buena Vista where we enjoyed the afternoon before heading over to Mariposa for sunset and dinner. Sunset is enjoyed at the bar where you are overlooking the infinity pool to the ocean and the sunset. Quite a beautiful sight.

Because we are there early, we can sit at one of the tables right on the edge and look out on the ocean, the edge of Manuel Antonio park and the last of the sunset into the twilight. We were talking to our waiter about how long the hotel and restaurant had been there. He said about 40 years and that his grandmother had worked there when it first opened and was only six rooms.
We mentioned this to Anita and she said it was built after she had bought her place down from it. As usual it was a lovely evening and we came back to Casa Buena Vista and had an interesting visit with three guys from France staying here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb