MANP Beach hike; Quepos 'La Feria' Farmers Market


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Monkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wire

Manuel Antonio neighborhood hike
Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

gravel road to beach, howlers and all and then Farmer's Market, la Feria and dinner at place

On Saturdays in Quepos, there is a Farmer's Market and we decided to take a hike down the gravel road near Casa Buena Vista to the beach, ride the bus into town and check out the Farmers Market.

Took off around 7:00am and our first sighting was a group of howlers crossing the road on the electric wires overhead. They were making all kinds of vocalizations and the young ones did not seem to enjoy the crossing. A few very cute ones hanging onto their mother as they crossed and one very large male making quite the majestic crossing!

Saw a group of aracari in a tree but neither of us was fast enough to get a picture before they flew off. Bummer. Once we got to the bottom of the hill we got to observe several different yellow crowned night herons.

The tide was out so the walk on the beach was very nice and once we got to the area where they were setting up the beach chair and umbrellas, were stopped by one of the ladies asking if we wanted a chair/umbrella.
Monkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wire

Manuel Antonio neighborhood hike
Told her we were going to Farmers Market. She told Laura the word was Feria for Farmers Market. She also told us where to find the best kale in the market. Had asked how to say kale in spanish and she told us where at that point where to find the kale.

Took the bus back into Quepos to get to the Farmers Market. Funny, from our point of view, exchange with the driver. Handed him a 10,000 colones note for the 620 colones ride. Don't you have a smaller bill, no, need a smaller bill, no. Asked me three times and finally gave me change. I wanted to have smaller bills for buying things from several vendors at the market. Came away with kale, purple cabbage, fancy lettuce, tomatoes, pineapple, papaya, mango, bell pepper, squash, onion, and potatoes! Of course could have bought many more things but decided we had enough!

Ate breakfast at Soda Junior across from the bus station. Not nearly as good a deal as the casado for lunch! Back to room to and fixed a smoothie of mango juice, kale, banana, and papaya. Very nice.

Dinner was a nice big salad with the leftover fish and chicken along
Monkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wire

Manuel Antonio neighborhood hike
with beer and wine. Visited with our neighbors before calling it an evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 123, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Monkeys cross on electrical high wireMonkeys cross on electrical high wire
Monkeys cross on electrical high wire

Manuel Antonio neighborhood hike


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb