Cabinas Tropicales and nature walks


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.53622, -83.3051

We moved over to Cabinas Tropicales with the help of Bernardo, a taxi driver we had used last year. Mark was not there because he was in the states taking care of some family business. We got settled into our room and did some shopping at the BMCorcovado.

One of the groups staying at Cabinas Tropicales is a family from Slovenia. After dinner, we had come back and had a very interesting talk with the father and son. The son is working here in Puerto Jimenez and his parents had come to visit him.

The next day we were slow moving and by the time we were up, the bicycles were gone. The Slovenian family had gone for a ride so we decided to walk to Parrot Bay and take a walk in the manglar.

We had a very nice time in the manglar. Lots of birds while we walked down the nature trail. Rails, ibis, kingfishers, egrets, toucan and even the elusive boatbills. We also saw a single spoonbill and two caiman. One of the caiman was a very young, very small one. We were looking back away from the water and there was a pizote right near us. Was a very beautiful and healthy one. We also saw a very healthy looking raptor in the tree.

Headed back to the front and met the owner of the newly renamed Corcovado Beach Lodge, formerly Parrot Bay Lodge. Stopped and talked to him. He is building some dorms on the property, and is trying to make it more eco friendly. Robert was able to negotiate with them for a weekly price, use of the kitchen because the restaurant was not open and he has free kayaks for people staying there. Went and checked out the kayaks and decided to move over there.

Another nice nature experience happened while we were coming home from dinner. It had rained in the afternoon and there was still water standing and there were some frogs sounding off. They almost sounded like the video games of old. Quite an experience.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



7th July 2015

Greetings from Slovenia, we really enjoyed spending some time with you in Puerto Jimenez. If you decide to visit Europe, do not forget you have friends in Slovenia. You will be welcome in our house and we will show you all beauties of our s
mall country.
7th July 2015

Great to hear from Vlado, hope all is well? Yes, that was fun meeting you and your family! Thanks so much for your kind offer. Hope to see you somewhere down life's highway. All the best, Robert and Laura

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb