Sunset and evening at Runaway Grille


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

Thierry had offered to give us a ride down the hill into town. We took him up on the offer and got a tour as well of some of the highlights of Quepos as well as information how to get around town. Showed us where the Farmers Market was going on Friday through Sunday on the seawall. Looked like quite a large affair.

We got out at Jerry's hotel and went and hooked up with him. Craig gave us a ride over to the harbor where Theirry had said the seafood place was the place to eat. Craig went over to Nery's house and left us to our own devices.

The Runaway Grille overlooks the marina and out into the Pacific. The view was stunning and the sunset was great as well. They had a guitar player entertaining us and we visited with bartender and bartendresses as we ate dinner. Food was quite nice.

While we were eating, the harbormaster came up and ordered a drink. We got to talking to him and the woman that is the manager of the Runaway Grille. Interesting conversation about what it takes to run a place like this. Got to talking to the harbormaster, Carter, and conversation turned to where else we would be going while in Costa Rica. Mentioned San Gerardo de Rivas and guess what, he has land there and knows Luis and some of the others we know there. Small world.

Decided to call it an evening and head back to Nature Lovers. Took a taxi to Jerry's first and then up to the Tennis Club Quepos and Theirry's. He had told us the "unofficial taxis" are not supposed to come up to his place and only the real taxis are to do so. Had to relearn this particular lesson but all was well.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb